Friday Update

I haven't been good about watching the impeachment live.  I watch bits here and there; then later I go on Twitter and watch clips, read quotes, and see the comments.

I've felt guilty about that, because people on Twitter say it's our American duty to watch. (uh...Even more so for those elected by and paid by the American people)

Now I feel no more guilt thanks to The Washington Post. They have provided all the video evidence given by the impeachment managers. I'm working my way through all of them.  I finished day 2 and am about halfway through day 1.

They also have provided all the document evidence. I plan to probably look at that as well.

The video part that made me cry, strangely, is the security footage of the staff members rushing into the room to hide. I'm not sure why, because there's much worse footage. 

I don't know. Maybe I'm haunted by a past life memory.

The most traumatic, horrible video scene I've seen so far is the police officer being crushed and crying out for help.

Another bad scene for me is the huge mess...papers everywhere. 

All the videos of Trump, through the years, doing his brainwashing and violent rhetoric. That makes me so angry—angry at him and angry at the people who think what he did was okay.

I know there are people who point out the Trump used the word peaceful a couple of times.

But it's like if there's an abusive parent who tells their child she's stupid, ugly, and worthless. Does that get erased, because once in a blue moon they call her "Cutie Pie"?

Yeah.

I think it's depressing and terrifying that we had a president like Trump.

I think it's depressing and terrifying that so many people voted for him again.

I think it's depressing and terrifying that so many people participated in the invasion of the capitol.

I think it's depressing and terrifying that so many people still stand by Trump even after what happened on January 6.

I don't think there's any good person that can watch the impeachment evidence videos and still support Trump. 

I have strong doubts that Trump will get enough votes against him for a conviction. But I hope more than six Republicans vote against him. 

I wish the Republican Senators would look ahead and imagine all the movies, TV shows, and plays that will be made about the Trump/Covid era. They will be characters in these stories. Do they want to be the characters that were too scared of Trump, QAnon, and MAGA to vote for a conviction? 

I heard on Twitter that there were fifteen Senators who were absent for all or part of the impeachment. What came to my mind is that it was done with the hope of being disqualified from voting. They don't support Trump, but they're too scared to vote against him. Then I saw on Twitter that there were other people thinking the same thing.

Another plot idea I had was that Trump's lawyers just give up, because they're so personally horrified by the evidence against Trump. So either in a subtle or direct way, they tell the Senators to vote against Trump.  And then, it would be declared a mistrial, and Trump would get off that way.  

In other news.....

Jack and I watched the latest episode of WandaVision this morning. I really like the show.  I'm starting to like the outside-of-Westview scenes. Last week, I was kind of disheartened by the cracks in the matrix...or whatever you want to call it.  I wanted it to just be happy, fun sitcoms from different decades.

My hand is still swollen and the red spots are still there. Today's my last day of the steroid cream. I put it on this morning; then about five minutes later I looked at my hand and the spots were gone. I was thinking, wow. It finally worked!  Then I realized I was looking at the wrong hand. And what's worse is I was mistaking my normal, skinny left pinkie finger with my swollen right index finger. 

So my fingers don't seem to be getting better and my mind is getting worse.  I think the latter is due to lack of sleep from the prednisone.  

Sometimes it looks like the red spots have faded. But I think what's happening is that on top of the non-blanching red spots, my skin is blanching red from irritation. So the red blends into the red. But when I press down, I can see the not-disappeared red.

Last night I watched Coronation Street where Abi (Sally Carman) lets Ray (Mark Frost) know that she has secretly recorded him bribing city officials. She's blackmailing him not for selfish reasons but so he will admit to the attempted rape of Faye (Ellie Leach). Abi doesn't want Faye to have to endure the trauma of a trial.

Anyway, the scene drove me nuts. Because when are fictional characters going to learn that you shouldn't confront dangerous people when you're alone with them? She's like holding the phone with the recording...taunting him. 

This happened on Corrie a few years ago with Tina (Michelle Keegan). She was on a balcony with Rob (Marc Baylis). They were fighting about something...I forgot what. But she was taunting him in some way. He got mad and pushed her off the balcony. 

I say if you have incriminating evidence against someone, take a friend with for the confrontation.  OR...skip the blackmail and simply upload the evidence to Twitter.  

In my recent re-watching Schitt's Creek adventures, David (Dan Levy) and Patrick (Noah Reid) have an especially tender, tear-jerking moment together in their shop.  Then for some comic relief, Patrick points out that David forgot to get him the tea he had requested. David starts off to remedy his mistake. Patrick tells him he doesn't need to. David insists.  He walks out.

I'm thinking...if this was an Australian TV show, David would step out onto the curb and a bus would speed by and kill him.  So...I'm very thankful that Schitt's Creek is a Canadian show.  

Maybe that will be my wish for people in the world...that their lives be more like Canadian comedies and less like Australian dramas and/or dramedies. 

 

How would our world change if we knew for sure there was life after death, and it was easy for our dearly-beloved to talk to us via the Internet?   

The Dead are Online, a novel by Dina Roberts 

No comments:

Post a Comment