Monday, May 21, 2012

Lynch Mob

I felt uncomfortable listening to parts of Craig Thomson's speech about being set up and attacked by a lynch mobs.

He talks of getting death threats and suicidal and self-harm encouragement.

I don't really understand the big mess. I've been very vaguely paying attention.

I don't know if Thomson is guilty or innocent or sort of in-between.

I don't know if he's being set up or not.

But I can relate to being a victim of a lynch mob. I can relate to getting verbal threats of violence, and suggestions that I should physically harm myself.

It's not fun.

So whether Thomson is guilty or innocent, I feel for him.

For the record though. I WAS guilty. Guilty of what? Sharing an opinion that differed from the crowd's.

Has that ever happened to you?

And have you ever been part of a lynch mob attacking someone else? Do you think that person deserved it? If you could go back in time, would you act the same or do things differently?