Politicians Named Bob and Trip Reports

I'm still busy with Australia government quizzes on QuizUp.  I just took one about Aussie politicians named Bob.  I thought it was cute.  I got an 8/10.  I missed the 8th and 9th one.  I did worse on a quiz that asked a question about all the Prime Ministers in chronological order.  I forgot what I got on that, but I'm pretty sure I missed at least 10. Yikes. Still. I enjoyed doing the quiz.

There's all kinds of fun quizzes on that page. If you're a fan of Australia, like me, I highly recommend it.

Yesterday, a nice man named Frank sent me a link to his Australia trip reports. Right now I'm reading about their 2007 holiday.  I like Frank's writing. It makes me feel like I'm there. So an hour or so ago I visited Coober Pedy. Then I fed the cat, cleaned the cat litter box, took a shower, and then ventured off to Uluru. I really love armchair traveling.

Frank talks about how Uluru is so amazing, like some kind of spiritual experience. I remember Bill Bryson describing it in the same way. Or at least he said it was more amazing than he expected.

I often fear going there. I worry I'll end up being disappointed, and that I'd be better off seeing a different rock—one that's less famous, but charming in it's own quiet little way. But maybe there really IS something magical about Uluru.

Speaking of trip reports, since I have more people coming to my blog now (at least for yesterday and today), I was thinking I'll repost my links to my 2009 reports.  I took them down after the 2013 trip, because...well, I don't know why. I guess I felt it was time to move on and concentrate on my more recent life history.

But now I'm going to move back to the past.  I worried I deleted the links and would have to go through and do it again.  But fortunately that's not the case.  So....here they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment