Susan and the Spilt Milk

A few weeks ago, I watched the Neighbours birthday tribute for Eastenders. In the video, Susan slips on some spilt milk, hits her head, and then imagines Ramsey Street has turned into Eastenders.

I didn't realize until today that the spilt milk thing was referencing an incident from Neighbours' past.

I'm watching an episode that's paying tribute to Susan and Karl. It's full of flashbacks. One of them has a younger Susan slipping on some milk. I Googled, and according to The Perfect Blend site, in 2002, Susan slipped on some milk and ended up with amnesia. She then thought she was a teenager in 1972.  That's funny. And it makes me appreciate the Eastenders video birthday card even more.  It's nice that they were able to make fun of themselves.

There is a part of me that feels guilty and anxious for laughing. I feel like I'm going to jinx myself—that someone I love is going to end up with a head injury from spilt milk.  I hope that never happens.

Anyway....

I am wondering about all these flashbacks. Susan and Karl are talking about leaving Ramsey street and moving to London. Is the show saying good-bye to them, and that's the reason for the flashbacks? Or are the flashbacks being used to honor the 30th birthday of Neighbours?  I hope it's the latter. I don't want to lose Susan and Karl. Though it would be awesome if they moved to London and then had a spin-off series.