Instead of SAT's and ACT's


I think we should get rid of all SAT and ACT's and instead just have the students watch Dark on Netflix and then write out all the various family trees.  Or they could just answer a bunch of multiple choice and true false questions regarding the Neilson, Kahnwald, Doppler, and Tiedemann family trees.

Those who can answer the questions correctly by watching each episode only once can get into the most prestigious schools. Those who need to rewatch AND watch explanatory videos on YouTube will get into the less prestigious schools.

Tim and I watched the first season when it came out. I say we understood about 75% of it. We did okay.

BUT....

We both forgot most of it by the time season 2 came out. We were lost. We had to read fan pages and watch fan videos to help us along.

A few days ago, Tim announced the exciting news. Season 3 is coming on Saturday.

I didn't want to go through the same confusion we went through while watching season 2, so I suggested that we put a pause on season 11 of The Big Bang Theory, and rewatch the last four episodes of Dark.  I chose four, because we usually watch one episode of 40-60 minute dramas a night. And we had four nights until the premiere. So....

I also read summaries of some of the characters.

We watched a fan video together.

And I watched an official Netflix recap video.

I feel I'm doing okay understanding things.  I still get confused about certain characters and character connections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment