Zoe Jenson

On most days, I read one of my old blog posts.

Yeah. I spend a lot of time visiting with my past self.

Anyway....

Today I read my post on Australia's National Institute of Dramatic Arts, which I wrote in September 2014.

In the post, I look at some of the 2013 alumni, wondering which might end up being famous. 

I looked at the faces to find the ones I saw as the most appealing, interesting. I think I was trying to play casting director.

I chose an actress named Zoe Jenson. Today the name sounded familar to me. It took me about a half a second to realize she's one of the main characters in my novel The Dead are Online. Not only that, but I turned the novel into screenplays, and I was editing the screenplay with Zoe's character just about an hour ago.

I mean, really...I shouldn't have had any moments of...That name sounds familar. It should have been an immediate: Zoe Jenson!?  What a coincidence!

And what's more nuts is I had written the NIDA post only a few months after writing the novel. How did I not connect the two back then?

I guess past me is as clueless as present me.

And what about future me?

She'll probably start editing this post, see the title, and wonder....Zoe Jenson. That name sure sounds familar.  

Anyway, I can't fully know or understand the mind of my past self.  But I'm guessing, though, she assumed it was the face of Zoe Jenson that attracted her. It's more likely that it was her name.  













No comments:

Post a Comment