Calling All Dreamers To Come For a Ride.....

In case the Claire, Charlie, and Kate scene loses its effect on me, I now have this tear-jerking scene for when I need a good cry. It's from the Rachel Perkin's musical One Night the Moon. I love the song the three characters sing.

Paul Kelly plays a racist father in the movie. His daughter (played by Kelly's real life daughter) goes missing. Because he's racist, Kelly's character refuses to let a black tracker help find his daughter.

It's a very tragic story.

I can't understand anyone who'd give their prejudices priority over their child's life. But I suppose it happens.

I knew Perkins was the one responsible for The First Australians, and I had a feeling she also did that other musical, Bran Nue Dae. But I wasn't sure. My memory is like that sometimes. Anyway, I just checked, and she IS the director of that as well.

Well, I'm going to go and listen to the song again....

One night the Moon
Came a' rolling by
Drove a big cart
Across the night sky
One night the Moon
Came rolling by
Called all the dreamers
To come for a ride...