Sunday, September 23, 2012

Packed to the Rafters

I just finished watching the first episode of Packed to the Rafters.

I can picture myself growing to love the show. 

The ending of the first episode worked my tear ducts a bit.  That to me is usually a good sign...in terms of television quality. 

Laughing out loud is a good omen too. I can't remember if I ever laughed out loud while watching the episode.

I was at least mildly amused. That might be enough.  For now.

Empathy for characters is important.

I had empathy, especially for the dad trying to hide his erect penis. 

Strange that I should have penis-empathy.

Or maybe it's just empathy for wanting to hide embarrassing bodily functions.  Like having to fart when someone else is in the room.  Can you hold it in?  Maybe.  Maybe not.   Can you leave the room and fart there? Yes. Perhaps.  But what if the walking movement causes a premature explosion?  

Now I'm also thinking of Hugh Jackman wetting his pants while on stage.

I love that story.