Sunday, September 23, 2012

Stephen King Associations in my Brain

I thought this was kind of funny.

I was writing about The Shining just now in comments. 

Then, for some reason, I associated it with Australia.

What about The Shining relates to Australia? 

It took me a few seconds, but then I figured it out.

It's about Nicole Kidman.

No, she wasn't in The Shining.

But she was in a movie called Fur an Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus.  

Diane Arbus was a real photographer.

One of her famous photographs is of twins.

Those twins were the inspiration for the eerie twins in The Shining.

Speaking of spooky Stephen King characters.....

One of my long-time celebrity fascinations is Andrew Hubatsek who played Zelda in Pet Sematary.  

I get some type of psychological relief from seeing Hubatsek not looking terrifying.   So I enjoy seeing these photos of him playing Hamlet at the Bloomsburg theatre.  In some photos, you can see a bit of the Zelda resemblance

Back to Australia stuff....

I've just learned there's a treasure buried in Mosman.  Or there was. I read it in a book.  

I can't find much information about it online. 

Why do I feel that if something's not online, it's not true?

Have I become overdependent on Lord Wiki?