From Summer Bay to Ramsay Street

After learning about Kip Gamblin, I started wondering about other actors who've been on both Home and Away and Neighbours.

Today I accidentally found another one.

I saw some photos of Neighbours actors and saw that Kip Gamblin's onscreen wife is played by Rebekah Elmaloglou.  The name seemed very familiar to me, so I went to her IMDb page. There I saw that she played Sophie Simpson. I had no idea who that was, but saw that she had been on in 1990, which were episodes I would have seen. So I looked up the character, and now I remember. She was the daughter of Bobbi's adopted father.  I totally forgot about that storyline. I was in the middle of it when I was forced (insert sad face) to quit watching.

I never connected Terese Willis of Ramsay Street to Sophie Simpson of Summer Bay. But now I can see a bit of a resemblance.  Here's a video clip of 1990's Sophie if anyone wants to go down Summer Bay memory lane.

I do know offhand of another actor who was on both shows. Darius Perkins. He played Scott Robinson before Jason Donovan took over the role, and he played some creepy guy on Home and Away.  The reason I was looking at photos of Neighbours actors in the first place is because I saw from Statcounter that some people were looking at my post about Perkins today. So I googled Perkins and that led me to a photo of him with Stefan Dennis. And then I somehow ended up getting photos of other Neighbours actors.

That's how it works on the Internet. One thing leads to another.



Edited to add: I just found another one! After posting this post, I started watching more Sophie Simpson videos. First I watched part of a sad one about a guy named David dying.  Then I started to watch a video where David first tells Sophie he loves her.  Guess who plays David....

Guy Pearce!  And he was on Neighbours as well.  I should have probably known he was on both shows since I once wrote a post about him. But I rarely remember things. A few years from now I will probably once again surprise myself with the fact that Guy Pearce used to be on Home and Away.