Saturday, March 14, 2015

From Summer Bay to Ramsay Street

After learning about Kip Gamblin, I started wondering about other actors who've been on both Home and Away and Neighbours.

Today I accidentally found another one.

I saw some photos of Neighbours actors and saw that Kip Gamblin's onscreen wife is played by Rebekah Elmaloglou.  The name seemed very familiar to me, so I went to her IMDb page. There I saw that she played Sophie Simpson. I had no idea who that was, but saw that she had been on in 1990, which were episodes I would have seen. So I looked up the character, and now I remember. She was the daughter of Bobbi's adopted father.  I totally forgot about that storyline. I was in the middle of it when I was forced (insert sad face) to quit watching.

I never connected Terese Willis of Ramsay Street to Sophie Simpson of Summer Bay. But now I can see a bit of a resemblance.  Here's a video clip of 1990's Sophie if anyone wants to go down Summer Bay memory lane.

I do know offhand of another actor who was on both shows. Darius Perkins. He played Scott Robinson before Jason Donovan took over the role; and he played some creepy guy on Home and Away.  The reason I was looking at photos of Neighbours actors in the first place is because I saw from Statcounter that some people were looking at my post about Perkins today. So I googled Perkins and that led me to a photo of him with Stefan Dennis. And then I somehow ended up getting photos of other Neighbours actors.

That's how it works on the Internet. One thing leads to another.



Edited to add: I just found another one! After posting this post, I started watching more Sophie Simpson videos. First I watched part of a sad one about a guy named David dying.  Then I started to watch a video where David first tells Sophie he loves her.  Guess who plays David....

Guy Pearce!  And he was on Neighbours as well.  I should have probably known he was on both shows since I once wrote a post about him. But I rarely remember things. A few years from now I will probably once agains surprise myself with the fact that Guy Pearce used to be on Home and Away.

No comments: