Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Past, Present, and Future

I had a very positive thought.

If I lose interest in Australia, I can still keep the name of this blog.

Why?

Because it's in past tense.

The Girl Who WishED she was Australian vs. The Girl Who WishES She was Australian.

See??

It works with present tense too though. Yesterday and last month I wished to be Australian. Today I wish to be Australian. Tomorrow I might not.

Actually....honestly. Today I'm just happy to be alive--whether that be as an Australian OR American. (don't ask)

But even if I change my mind and am fine just VISITING Australia, I can still keep this blog title and keep my integrity. Cause once upon a time, I did wish to be Australian.

My anniversary is coming up soon.

What anniversary?

The one of me becoming completely insanely obsessed with Australia.

I was mildly secret obsessed before that.

Then on August 16, I decided we should go to Australia and we bought tickets that night.

I should celebrate in some way.

Let's see....what could I do?

I know!

I could.....

1. Spend a huge chunk of my day emailing my friends in Australia
2. Read Australian blogs
3. Watch Australian TV shows
4. Look at websites about Australia.
5. Wear an Australia t-shirt.
6. Tell Tim how cool it would be if we moved there

Wait! I do that everyday.

I sometimes think our family should do something to celebrate Australia Day. But do we do that on January 25 while the Australians are celebrating Australia Day? Or do we do it on January 26?

I'm really not sure.

But just as we all tell our kids, when they ask the question that all kids ask at least once in their lives. EVERY day is kids day!

In this house....EVERY day is Australia day.