Say MAYBE To Drugs

I like what the City of Melbourne site says about drugs:

Most people consume drugs of some sort, whether it be legal drugs, prescription drugs or illegal drugs. Although much of the drug use in our communities does not cause problems, some drug use can have extremely negative effects on individuals, families and the wider community.

Harm reduction is about treating problematic drug use as a public health, rather than a criminal justice issue. It aims to maximise the health and wellbeing of individuals, their families and the community as a whole.

Amen to that! I think it's much less hypocritical than the typical official response to drugs. Really. What's the difference between recreational drugs that make people feel good, and drugs prescribed by a psychiatrist? They both improve mood. They both can have some serious risks and side effects.

And what about people who speak out against drugs such as cocaine, pot, and heroin; and then go out to get drunk?

I personally don't do any mood/mind altering drugs besides a minor amount of caffeine every so often. I don't smoke. I don't drink alcohol. I'm not addicted to coffee. I'm not on any psychiatric drugs. I don't get high on anything illegal.

I HAVE tried certain herbal teas to increase lucid dreaming. I guess that could count as a drug. It didn't work for me, though.

I'm not sure why I don't do more drugs. I guess I'm weird enough as it is? I also don't like the idea of losing control. The thought of that really bothers me.

I'm fairly okay with other people drinking and doing drugs. It's really a matter of whether or not they can handle it. If they are able to do drugs and still function well...good for them. If they can't function well, then I think they should stop; get help if necessary.

I'm bewildered by the people who excuse Mel Gibson's behavior as alcohol-induced. He's not racist, sexist, or anti-semitic. It's just that he gets drunk and has a rant. Well, if getting drunk makes you sound like a crazed meanie maniac....stop the damn drinking! If drinking makes you hit your wife and children, stop the damn drinking! If drinking makes you end up having sex with anything that has a pulse...stop the damn drinking!

I was with my family and some old family friends last weekend. I think all the adults besides me did some major consumption of Limoncello....well, some more than others. No one got violent or mean. They shared funny stories and had lots of jokes and laughter while playing a board game. The worst that happened is, Tim and my brother-in-law got really tired and fell asleep early that night. They kind of missed the fun. But that's not a huge deal. Plus, maybe it wasn't the Limoncello that made them tired. They could have just been sleepy from their long day.