Yuck

Previously I wrote a self-righteous post about how despite not doing drugs myself, I tolerate it in others.

I am NOT so tolerant when it comes to smoking. Okay, like anything else....it's YOUR choice. I just might not want to be around you too much.

I don't like how smokers smell. Their clothes stink...even when they're not smoking.

I don't like the smell of smoke, and sometimes it makes my eyes water. I used to have major problems with this, and couldn't tolerate being in a room with smoke. It hasn't happened to me in awhile. I'm not sure if I've overcome my allergy (or whatever), OR that because of all the new smoking laws, I rarely find myself in a smoked-filled room.

My parents smoked until I was in college. It's funny, because I endured smoke-filled car rides and furniture that smelled like smoke. But I don't think it bothered me much back then. I mean I think my only grief was the worry regarding the health of my parents.

I guess when they stopped, I developed some kind of intolerance or allergy.

Anyway, I was happy to see the anti-smoking laws on the City of Melbourne site.

In Melbourne, there's no smoking in restaurants, cafes, or shopping centers. There's also no smoking in licensed premises. I'm not exactly sure what that means. Maybe pubs and clubs?

There's no smoking at the workplace. The site cracks me up, though, because they say there's some exceptions....such as if you work at home.

I mean I AM against smoking, but I would never go as far to say that people can't smoke in their own house. I probably wouldn't want to visit them too much, though.

Smoking is also not allowed in bus shelters and train platforms.

That's good.

I like these laws.

Some might say these laws are a form of discrimination. Maybe. But it's a type of discrimination I can stand behind.