Our Pretend Australia Trip Day 21 Lakes Entrance

We've said our goodbyes.

I got a little teary-eyed when hugging Allen and Sam. I don't know if it's because I grew to like them so much, or if I'm pre-period hormonal.

We exchanged email addresses and made tentative plans to get together in Melbourne.

That might be nice.

In a couple of minutes, we're going to start our drive to Lakes Entrance.

We plan to stop in Cann River for a quick lunch and a pee.

* * *

Good-bye New South Wales.

We'll see you again in June.

I'll miss you!

I love you!

* * *

We've arrived at our caravan park.    

It's fairly quiet here.

I think a lot of families are ending their holidays to return to school days.

The drive was okay, but we went through some winding roads.

I didn't like that.  

* * *

We went to the grocery store and picked up a few items.  We also have some cooking stuff (sugar, flour, salt, pasta, etc) from Adaminaby.  Hopefully it's not tainted by the scary camping family.

Now we're trying to decide what to do next.

We might just hang out at the caravan park today.

* * *

I'm doing laundry.

It's been awhile.

Tim did it last.  I forgot to give him credit and kudos for that.

He did it the last day we were in Adaminaby....when I had that long nap.

Laundry is usually my job.

* * *

We've been to the pool.

We went to the game room.

Now we're kind of bored.

* * *

We left the caravan park and went down to the Esplanade.  It's near the river.

We went to a bookstore.

We got ice-cream.

We got chips at a fish and chips place.

We didn't get a meal because we had already decided on pasta for dinner.

So we ate our snack and our dessert first.

Soon we'll eat our dinner in the cabin.

* * *

Guess who made dinner!

Not Tim.

I did!

Maybe it's because I remembered how Tim did my job a few days ago.  I felt in exchange I should do his job.  

Also, the thing that Jack wanted....I'm good at making it.

It's really simple, so don't bother getting ready to be impressed.

It's just boiling pasta, adding some olive oil when it's done, and then you sprinkle on Parmesan cheese.  At home, I usually use our claimed-to-be healthy fake butter.  Jack and I prefer that even though it's probably less healthy than the olive oil.

It tastes fine with the olive oil, though.

I added some frozen veggies to my serving and to Tim's.  Jack doesn't do vegetables (unless it's very well mixed in) so he just had the pasta. 





NOTE:  This trip journal is fictional.   We are not really in Australia.  Some stuff in these posts are based on research.  Some stuff is based on my reality.  Some stuff is based on past experiences. And some stuff is based on fantasy.   

The non-trip journal posts ARE true and real…except for my dreams (which are written in purple). 
Oh...and also....my 2009 trip reports are about a real trip to Australia.  That's all true too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment