Our Pretend Australia Trip: Day 4 Sydney

Happy Friday the 13th!!

 So...what did we do today?

We ate our breakfast in the room.

I did some laundry.

Jack talked to his cousins on FaceTime.  It was very surreal talking to them "face to face" all the way from Australia.

After we got done with all that, the three of us walked to the Australia Museum.  We looked at a lot of dead animals and some minerals.

Then we went to our beloved Search and Discover room.   There, we looked at more dead animals.   We also looked at books and maps.  

After we reached the point of museum exhaustion, we went back to the David Jones foodhall.  We got ourselves some food and did more Hyde Park picnicking.

There's some kind of weird tent structure thing in the park.  It's pretty cool looking.   I'm not sure what it's for—maybe some kind of festival or event?   Nothing much seemed to be going on, though, when we were there. 

We hung out in the park for awhile and then went back to the hotel. Jack asked about talking to his cousins again, but it was 10 pm Fort Worth time.  We didn't know if they'd be in bed or not. It's a Friday night, so probably not.  But you never know. We had him do FaceTime with his grandparents instead.

There really wasn't much time in the hotel room, because we were supposed to meet our friend for dinner at 5:30.

We took the train to Central Station; then walked to the Erciyes Turkish restaurant in Surrey Hills.

We had a very delicious meal there.

We split some hummus.  Tim and I shared something called a pide. It's a pizza-pita like thing. Ours was filled with potato, onion, tomato, and cheese.  Tim also shared another pide with Jack. It had lamb in it.  Our friend got a pide that had pumpkin.  

For dessert, we all shared this bird nest baklava thing.   

We had a nice chat with our friend. I was hoping she could hang out with us tomorrow, but it turned out she's busy with family obligations. Oh well. We might catch up with her when we return to Sydney in a few months.  

Anything else?

Oh!  I remember.  There was a very overly energetic toddler at the museum.  She kept running away from her parents.  They looked so frantic.  I felt bad for them.  

And...remembered something else.

When we were walking in Surrey Hills, my desire to move to Australia suddenly returned.   It's been a long time since I've felt the need to LIVE in Australia. It's funny though because during our 2009 trip, I think it was when we were in Surrey Hills that Jack suddenly expressed a desire to move there.

Maybe there's something about Surrey Hills.

Anyway, I should shut up and get to sleep.  It's getting pretty late.

Goodnight!

No.

Wait.

I just remembered something else.

I had a BAD dream last night.  I was walking in this shopping area.  These people started staring at me.  Then some of them started following me. I turned around to try to talk to them...ask them what they wanted. They wouldn't answer.  They just gave me these blank looks.   I guess they were kind of like zombies?   They weren't bloody or gross, though.

In one part I tripped and fell on my butt.  The zombie-like people made a circle around me. They kept on with their staring.  I couldn't get up.  I asked them to help.   None of the zombie people would help me.  Then one of my American friends was suddenly there.  She asked me to help her with something. She had some kind of problem related to grape gum.   I asked her to help me get up and she wouldn't.  She just laughed at me.     

I hated that dream.

I think there should be a law against me having bad dreams in Australia.






NOTE:  This trip journal is fictional.   We are not really in Australia.  Some stuff in these posts are based on research.  Some stuff is based on my reality.  Some stuff is based on past experiences. And some stuff is based on fantasy.  

The non-trip journal posts ARE true and real…except for my dreams (which are written in purple).  




How would our world change if we knew for sure there was life after death, and it was easy for our dearly-departed to talk to us via the Internet?   

The Dead are Online, a novel by Dina Roberts 

No comments:

Post a Comment