Our Pretend Australia Trip: Day 5 Sydney

I had another bad dream.  What is with me lately?  Maybe this hotel has cursed my dreams, or something.

Anyway....

In this dream, we came home from Australia.  (That in itself was pretty depressing). My whole family was at some house, but not a house I recognize from my real life.
 
My family didn't seem to care that we had gone; nor did they care that we had returned. I got mad at them. Then Tim got mad at me, and we started yelling at each other.

Then he was cooking chicken and I nagged him about making sure everything was sanitized. He threw the chicken at me.  I got mad and ran away.

There was other stuff after that, but I'll keep it to myself for now.  

Tim and Jack are still sleeping.   I'm waiting for them to wake up.  For our last day in Sydney, we're going to the Rocks Market and Manly.  It's supposed to rain today.  Hopefully we won't get too wet.  

* * *

I'm back.  We didn't get too wet.  It was windy and humid, but we didn't get a lot of rain.  

I'm going to try to write quickly.  It's very late and we need to wake up fairly early tomorrow for our drive.

I should have written earlier, but I decided to play Sims 3 instead.  It took along time because I wanted to wait until one of my Sims had her baby.

Anyway....

Today was a LOT of fun.

First we took the train to Circular Quay.  Then we walked to The Rocks Market.   We looked at lots of stuff, and ended up buying something called Finger Lime Marmalade.  Maybe we can eat it on our toast in Kiama.  

Jack thought of buying some magic stuff.  It was a bit expensive though, and he was nervous about using so much of his allowance.  

We ate YUMMY scones at a place called Tea Cosy.   I think our friends ate there when we were all in Sydney the last time.  Tim, Jack, and I had left the market though so we could get to Hyde Park for the food festival there.  

Well, the scones were fantastic.   And it was fun because they had exotic jams.   We splurged and got three—blood plum; Paw Paw, lime and passionfruit; and fig, almond, and ginger.

You can also get different flavored scones there, but we decided to stick with the traditional plain kind.  Maybe we'll try the other flavors when we get back to Sydney.  Or maybe there'll be flavored scones elsewhere in Australia.  

It felt a bit surreal to be at The Rocks, because some of my Harry Potter related fictional blog takes place there.  And tomorrow we're going to Kiama which was a major setting for my story.

Maybe I'll have a Stephen King moment and run into one of my characters.   

After we went to The Rocks, we took the Manly ferry over to...well, Manly.   We walked on the beach.  We put our feet in the water a bit,  although Jack was nervous about Blue Bottles.   He had fun playing in the sand.   He found a few shells and turned them into characters. He has such a great imagination.

 We hung out a bit at the Corso.  We bought a few Aussie t-shirts.   Jack has outgrown most of his old ones,  and I never quite fit well in mine because I was stupid and bought smalls.  I guess I had figured if I bought clothes for skinny people I'd magically become thin.  Who knows....

For dinner we ate at a German restaurant called Das KaffeeHaus. Jack was very disappointed that they didn't have spaetzle.  He became a fan of that the last time we were at Disney World.

He did like the chicken schinitzel, though.

I had vegetarian rosti.  Tim shared with me and Jack. We usually get two dishes to share between the three of us.

After dinner we went for some ice-cream at Royal Copenhagen.  Jack got old fashioned toffee and I got Milo.  Crap.  I can't remember what Tim got.  I'm a bad wife.

Next time I'll be more observant.  

I don't want Tim to get mad and throw a raw chicken at me.  





NOTE:  This trip journal is fictional.   We are not really in Australia.  Some stuff in these posts are based on research.  Some stuff is based on my reality.  Some stuff is based on past experiences. And some stuff is based on fantasy.  

The non-trip journal posts ARE true and real…except for my dreams (which are written in purple).  

2 comments:

  1. So, are the dreams actual dreams put in a fictional narrative, or are they another level of fiction in the fictional narrative. There are layers here. Technically, I guess you are more likely to meet your own fictional Harry Potter characters in a pretend Australia trip than a real one...

    But are you more likely to pretend dream about them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say for sure, because it was a long time ago. I vaguely remember, though, inventing dreams to deal with/express feelings and issues I was having in real life.

      And now that I think of it...I create a lot of dreams in my other fiction stuff, so I guess it wouldn't surprise me, if I made up dreams for this.

      I have also, though, used my real dreams to help me write the pretend dreams.

      Delete