I've Been Kicked Off My Throne

Around Christmas time, Jack got me addicted to the trivia app QuizUp.

For those who aren't familiar with this app,  it's a trivia game with a huge variety of topics.  You play against random strangers around the world.

One of the topics is Australia, and I made my way up the ranks until I was number one in the world. I was proud but not that proud, because it's less about intelligence and more about how much time you're willing to put into it. There's only a certain amount of questions, and once you get to a certain level you're answering the same questions over and over.

Anyway, a few days ago, I lost my position as best in the world. I've been outranked by a player named JasslynJ.A.   He's on level 139.  I'm below at level 135.  Yesterday he was only one level ahead of me, so he's really going at it.  Or she. I'm not sure why I'm imagining JasslynJ.A as male.

A part of me feels compelled to take back my position, but I'm trying to quiet that part of me, because I think it's nice to let other people have their chance at the top.  Also, since it's the same questions repeated over and over and over, we're not really learning anything new.  It's better to work on other topics. I'm doing a lot of literature quizzes lately. I'm hoping it helps a bit with my recently renewed book-writing aspirations.

That being said, I do and will continue to play the Australia topic every so often.  I don't want my ranking to go overly low, and I also don't want to forget the stuff I've learned.

What's great is that the QuizUp creators will sometimes update a topic, adding new questions to the set. They did that for Australia a few months ago. Hopefully, they'll do it again one day.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment