Annoyed

I know people have the right to their opinions.

Well...and I have a right to be annoyed with their opinions.

I'm seeing stuff on Twitter where there's more worry about how this is going to effect Aussie Muslims than what's going to happen to the hostages.

Yes, I hope there's no new bigotry created by this hostage situation. I hope there's no new scapegoating.

But really. My thoughts and prayers are with the hostages for now. And their families and friends. After things are over...if I see misdirected hatred and anger, then my thoughts and prayers will be with any innocent people who are victims of scapegoating.

Really. There are people on Twitter who are Tweeting that people shouldn't be afraid, that it might just be one lone crazed person.  Okay? Well, that's STILL scary!  Should the people whose family are in the chocolate shop sigh with relief?  Give me a break.  I watch the news.  Lone unstable criminals can cause great harm.

Yes. I think we should wish love and peace on everyone. But I do think there should also be priorities when it comes to worry and compassion.   

2 comments:

  1. I could not agree with you more.

    I have been very disappointed with some elements of the Australian media and people on Twitter that are trying to divert attention away from the real victims of this tragedy. The people that survived and the families and loved ones of those that didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jason!

    Yeah. I'm trying to think of what to say, but there's nothing really...except I agree with you and me.

    ReplyDelete