Sophie Myles Sort Of Looks Like a Neighbours Actress

This morning I was looking at my Instagram Feed.  The Doctor Who account had a photo of Madame de Pompadour from the "The Girl in the Fireplace" episode.  I thought she looked familar....beyond us seeing her in the episode several weeks ago.  I had this feeling I've seen her more recently.

My immediate idea is that we saw her in another BBC show recently. Tim and I watched Blackpool last week, and this week we're watching Extras.  I thought maybe she was in one of those.

Then I realized she reminds me of an actress from Neighbours.  It took me awhile to find photos to compare the two, because I didn't even know the name of the character in Neighbours.

I found it after some searching.  It's Georgia Brookes played by Saskia Hampele.

The Doctor Who actress is Sophie Myles.

I compared the Google Images pages of both actresses (Hampele and Myles).  I think they look very alike in some photos, and very different in others. But then in photos where Hampele looks very different from Myles, I also think she looks very different from what I know of her from Neighbours. And when Myles looks very different from Hampele, I also think she doesn't look like Madame de Pompadour.

Oh...goodness. I just looked at Sophie Myles' filmography.   It turns out I was right the first time. She WAS on Extras!  We just saw her a couple of days ago. She was in the episode with Orlando Bloom. I'm disappointed in myself for not recognizing her...as herself; or mistaking her for an Australian actress.

It's weird how the brain connects things. Or at least my brain.  As I've been watching Neighbours, I never thought the Georgia character reminded me of Madame de Pompadour.  Although maybe it did on a subconscious level?  And when watching Extras, I didn't do my very common: Who is that actress? She looks so familiar.  Yet today I saw the Doctor Who photo, and started wondering things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment