The Dark Agnes Obel Songs

So....

I just want to let it be known that my mind is not 100% occupied on Covid statistics and drama.

One of the other things I've been obsessing about lately is the Agnes Obel songs from the Netflix series Dark

I actually didn't realize until recently that each of the three seasons of Dark has an Agnes Obel song.

I knew only of "Familar" from the first season.

It became one of my favorite songs after we watched the show.

I think I actually mentioned this in a post before. I remember saying that the song became kind of my theme song back when I was writing my diary posts

In Dark, the song is used to connect past and present. When I was doing my diary posts, I was connecting my past with my present....so it fit really well.  

So...the past few years, "Familar" has been one of my favorite songs.

Now I have two more Agnes Obel songs to love.

From season 2, there's "It's Happening Again".  I'm not sure when they played it in the show. But I think it's a super pretty song.

And with season 3, we get "Broken Sleep"

I love that song too.

I haven't looked at the lyrics to any of the songs.

I think I'll do that now—see if anything is meaningful. Either Dark meaningful or meaningful to me personally.  

Well...I don't get any particular Dark meaning in the lyrics of Familar.

No.

Never mind. I do.

But one would have to finish the whole series.

For our love is a ghost that the others can't see.

That line...kind of? fits.  It depends on who these "others" are. And it would depend on what we mean by seeing. Probably.  

In terms of personal stuff.....

I've never personally had a love with someone that others couldn't see.

BUT...the novel I'm reading now (Tipping the Velvet) has a secret lesbian love affair.  

And in one of the novels I wrote, Zoe has a secret love thing going on with a man who visits her in her dreams.

Okay onto the next song.....


I'm loving these lyrics.  They fit even better with my diary post adventures than "Familar" does.

I mean the lyrics of "Familar" don't really fit with my diary posts at all. It was more like the scene in Dark where the song was played fit with my diary posts.  

I swear it is true
The past isn't dead
It's alive, it is happening
In the back of my head

The lyrics also fit well with Dark.

The title of the song itself is a perfect fit with the show. 

As for "Broken Sleep"....

The lyrics seem pretty simple.

I think maybe it's about insomnia? Well, the whole broken sleep thing. I think it's about wanting to dream instead of struggling to fall back asleep.  

I would like to fall, silence every call
(Will you level me with a dream?)
If I will (Fall) fall, fall
I would like to fall (Fall asleep)
Silence every call (Will you level me with a dream?)
If I will (Fall), I will fall

Yeah. That sounds like insomnia. Right?  Or is there a deeper meaning that I'm missing?

I'm worried there is, and that I'm showing off my stupidity.

Uh...so.

Let me check my brain.

Person, Man, Woman, TV?

I think I'm missing something.

That's not good. 

Is it camera?

If it's not camera, should I be worried for myself? 

Ah! It is camera.

Yay!

So if I'm right about that, maybe I'm also right that the "Broken Sleep" song is about insomnia.



How would our world change if we knew for sure there was life after death, and we could easily talk to our deceased loved ones (and hated ones!!!??) with the Internet?   The Dead are Online  


No comments:

Post a Comment