702

Everyday, I go to the Tarrant County Covid website to see how things are going.

I look at various statistics including how many hospital beds are being taken up by Covid patients.

Tim warned me a week or so ago that I might not be able to get these statistics for much longer. He was referring to that whole thing where the White House assholes were insisting medical info bypass the CDC and instead go directly to the DHHS.

I feared he was probably right about that and also right in his idea that Team Trump is going to suppress Covid info as much as possible.

But I thought MAYBE I could still get access to the data, because I didn't get my statistics from the CDC.

I guess I had this ridiculous idea that some people are relying on the CDC for their stats, and they'd be the only ones effective.

Now that I write that out, it sounds really stupid inside my head.

Well.....

I will say everything seemed fine for awhile. I went to the Tarrant County Page and saw the same statistics I've always seen.

But then yesterday, there were 702 beds.

And the day before that, there were 702 beds.

The Covid bed situation has never not changed before.

Sometimes there are less.

Sometimes there are more.

But it doesn't remain the same.

Of course, I checked the updating time and date to make sure I wasn't reading info from the day before.

I wasn't.

I didn't think too much about it, though.

Then today....guess what.

It's at 702 beds.

Again.

Now there's a little message by the bed number: Due to new reporting requirements by DSHS, hospital capacity data will not be updated until 7/25/20.

Although I'm confused.

Is it DHHS or DSHS?

When I Google DHSH, I get to the Texas Department of State Health Services.

So maybe this is not related to Trump at all?

Maybe I'm being paranoid over nothing?

Well....it's not like our state Government is that great. And this could be CONNECTED to the national department of health thing.

I wonder, though. What will I see tomorrow?  Will it be a shocking number?  Like....now suddenly only 10 people are in the hospital for Covid.

And what are the new reporting requirements?

Well...

Now I feel a little better.

I searched for and followed the links on the Texas Department of health website and ended up on the Texas Covid site I usually go to (when I want info on Texas in general and not just Tarrant county)   Not that I know for sure that this site is reliable. But at least it's one I'm used to and have been depending on.

They don't have information for Tarrant county specifically. But they do have our general area (which includes Tarrant County, Dallas County, Collin County, and Denton County). According to their info, there are 1,925 Covid hospitalizations happening.

Well....I guess I'll see what things look like tomorrow.

Hopefully it has no connection to Trump's evilness.



No comments:

Post a Comment