Watching More of Jonathan Swan's Interview with Trump

Last night I started watching Jonathan Swan's interview with Trump. I had decided to turn my experience into a blog post, because I had learned from Jack that Swan is Australian.

This used to be an Australian blog.

I sometimes miss blogging about Australian stuff.

So that's why I decided to write a post. Well...and also I think writing can be therapeutic.  I think a LOT of us need some kind of therapy after or while we're listening to Trump speak. 

Back to the subject of Australians....

Another Australian I've been introduced to lately is Rod Taylor. He was in the Twilight Zone episode we watched the other night—"And When the Sky Opened". I read through his biography this morning. Then I added some of his movies to my to-watch list. But I'll probably never get to them, because my to-watch list is way too long.

Speaking of to-watch stuff. We were going to take a break from The Twilight Zone after season one and start watching Doctor Who. But now I'm getting really into The Twilight Zone. Tim and I just discussed it, and I think we're going to go ahead and...well, NOT go ahead with watching Doctor Who. But we'll get to it someday, Probably. 

Anyway....I should get back to Jonathan Swan's interview with Trump.

Swan moves away from the Covid 19 discussion and dives into the topic of Russians putting a bounty on American soldiers.  Swan asks if Trump discussed this with Putin during their recent phone call.

Nope. They did not talk about it. The call was for different purposes.

What bullshit. 

And then Trump says many people say it's fake news.

Bringing imaginary people into the conversation to back you up is a manipulation technique.

Well....if it's real people, then I think we call it triangulation; whether it's true or not that the person, brought up, truly agrees with the manipulator. 

I'm not sure what it's called when the people are unnamed or imaginary. 

Swan does his thing of asking who these unnamed people are.

Trump says it's lots of people.

He does actually get specific, saying it's people from the Bush administration.

A lot of people from the Bush administration.  Or like...one or two? Or...zero?

Trump tries to change the subject by complaining that no one brings up China. They all want to talk about Russia. And when he says this, he repeats the word "Russia" three times. Is this like a Candyman or Bloody Mary type of thing? 

Maybe Beetlejuice?

Is Trump hoping that Putin will appear and vanquish Jonathan Swan? 

Trump says the intelligence about bounties never reached his desk.

Okay. Let's pretend that this is true.

I think a decent president human being would be furious about this—furious that he wasn't told and furious at Russia for doing it.

Trump seems more preoccupied with his own ego.

Swan asks Trump if he reads his briefs.

Trump says he does. AND he adds that he comprehends really well, probably better than anyone else Swan has interviewed.

Oh my Lord.

Trump has done a cruel disservice to any comedian who does satire.  How can any of them compete with him?

My heart goes out to all the comedians. Fuck Trump for messing with their livelihoods.

Trump does some bragging about Afghanistan.

I wonder how long Trump has ever gone in a speech or interview without bragging.

Now I'm on the part about the elections. Swan brings up what Trump said in another interview; that Trump doesn't know if he'd accept the results of the election.

Trump compares his suggestion that he might not accept the results to Clinton complaining about 2016 results.

Swan tries to get Trump to understand that there's a difference between conceding and grumbling about election results and literally refusing to accept the results.

They get into the subject of voting by mail.

Trump says that in World War 1 and World War 2, people went out and voted. But now because of the CHINA virus, people want to vote by mail.

Hello?

I'm not an expert on American history, but.....

Were Americans trying to stay at home and social distance during the war?

Was there a daily s threat of bombs?

Were people worried that going to the polls would get them very sick or even kill them?

And you have to remember that in America, being severely ill doesn't just bring the threat of suffering, disability, or death. We also have to be terrified of going into severe financial hardship. 

Now they're on the subject of Ghislaine Maxwell.

It boggles my mind that there are people who believe that Trump is some kind of anti-child-sex trafficking superhero. For those who believe this, how do they reconcile with Trump sending well wishes to a woman arrested for alleged sex crimes?

Do they say it's fake news?

How?

Trump himself is seen and heard saying it.

Do they believe the videos out there are manipulated? 

Trump tries to paint himself as the type of person who wishes EVERYONE well. He's just so kindhearted. He even has sympathy for people arrested for sex crimes against children.

Yeah. Right.

I'd maybe believe it if I hadn't seen his venom against Obama, protesters, athletes kneeling during the national anthem....

Did he wish the Governor of Michigan well when anti-lock down protesters were threatening her life?

Fuck Trump.

And now....he goes into a rant about Antifa.

Why isn't Trump showing anti-fascist people the same TLC he offered Ghislaine Maxwell?

Next subject: racism.

Trump uses the time to brag on and on about how he has done more for Black people than any other president. And things were going so well for Black people until China brought on that virus.

If what Trump says truly had merit, we would see that in terms of the pandemic.

If Black people were doing better in terms of financial hardship and systemic racism, then they wouldn't be dying in disproportionate numbers. 

My feeling is narcissists don't care about how people are actually doing. What the narcissist does care about is the narcissist's  "good deeds, their achievements, and their accomplishments. Even if these things didn't actually make things better for the person they brag about helping. 

It's like, I did this for you! BE GRATEFUL! KISS MY ASS!

But I'm still not doing okay.

Well...I don't care about THAT!  The more important question is why aren't you showing me more gratitude. Why aren't you giving me the adoration I deserve?!

Jonathan Swan ends the interview by asking Trump about John Lewis.

Trump's main focus there is that Lewis didn't come to his inauguration. I think this is much more offensive to him than anything Ghislaine Maxwell might have done.

I will have to give Trump credit for how he ends the interview. Swan thanks him for the interview, and Trump does the same. Trump even says it's a great honor. Although he might have been saying it's a great honor for Swan.

By the way, here's something kind of weird.

I had to struggle to hear some of the interview at times. Well, don't worry. I'm not saying. I heard it incorrectly. I'm just saying I had to turn up the volume really loud.

Why? Our next door neighbor is having some trees cut down. And also, there was a weird loud wind chiming sound. I have no idea what that was.

But why is that weird?

Because last night, I dreamed that Tim and I heard loud noises coming from that same neighbor's yard. Then the neighbor came over and asked Tim to help him carry something. Tim and I were both worried about Tim injuring his back doing that.

Well, our neighbor hasn't come over to ask Tim to carry anything. But one of the tree cutters rang our doorbell to ask if they could work from our yard.

So...maybe that dream was a little psychic?

OR maybe they did some of this work yesterday, but I didn't notice it consciously...only subconsciously.

I don't know.....

I also had a psychic dream a week or so ago about The Big Bang Theory.

Maybe I'm suddenly growing psychic powers.

And MAYBE this is a precursor to me growing head-exploding powers. These days, that power would really come in handy. 









How would our world change if we knew for sure there was life after death, and it was easy for our dearly-departed to talk to us via the Internet?   

The Dead are Online, a novel by Dina Roberts 




No comments:

Post a Comment