Our Package Arrived

Our Package from Simply Australian arrived pretty quickly. When did I order it? I forgot, but I think it was only a few days ago.   

I took a photo so you can see all our goodies.



Most of it, we're keeping selfishly at home. Then we're going to bring the big package of cookies, a package of Shapes, and the Licorice Bullets to the lake house.  It's truthfully not a selfish thing. I'd share more, but I'm afraid there's already going to be an abundance of food at the lake house. 

I wrote my family telling them about the food. They didn't respond.  In their defense, I did jokingly say Please don't tell me about it, though. It needs to be a surprise.  That's in reference to a running joke in my family.  For almost every birthday (if we get together) we know there's going to be a cake.  But we pretend, it's a huge surprise. It's a silly yet kind of charming thing we do.

I'm being fake though when I say in their defense. There's been several times that my emails have been ignored. I think my role in the family is to respond to OTHER family member's emails but not expect or desire responses to my own. 

That's one of the reasons I have a blog. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to know that people out there are reading. AND some of them go out of their way to show they care, and are interested.   I love that. Today, a friend emailed me a photo of a homeschooling bumper sticker she saw. In the past, that same friend has emailed me her Aussie encounters as well.

Besides the blog therapy, I could also bring happiness to myself by writing my OWN responses to my emails.  Instead of waiting for my family to say what I'd like them to say.....I'll just say it myself.

Thank you, Dina! We can't wait to try the Aussie food. What a fun way to honor your birthday.

Or they could have been funny about it.

Okay, Dina.  We won't talk about your Australian food.  We don't want to ruin your surprise.

Talking for my family. Yeah. This is kind of fun.  I wish I had thought of this idea before I sent out the eating disorder email.  It would have saved me some grief.  My friend thinks I was being silly and asking too much from my family.  But really. That IS me. I'm silly and I have overly high expectations. Trying to change that would be as hard as trying to rub off the sparkly blue toenail polish from my toes.  That stuff doesn't come off easily. 

Let's talk about something else.

The food!   We already ate some....of course.  We tried the mango licorice. Very nice. Much better than birthday cake; at least in my opinion.