Thao and The Get Down Stay Down

I just had a moment of curiosity and went to find out who sings the theme song to Offspring.

It's a San Francisco group called Thao and the Get Down Stay Down.

Here's the link to the song if anyone's interested. I thought it would be called "Open Your Hips". But...nope. It's called "When We Swam". I don't think the beginning of the song is often played on the show. It was played in the pilot episode, though. I know this, because every time I try to watch a new episode on iTunes, my iTunes starts playing the pilot episode. Thao and the Get Down Stay Down sings about swimming as Nina is swimming.

It's funny. On Spotify, Thao and the Get Down Stay Down's latest release is "There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly".

Maybe it's for a children's album? Or maybe not. I'm not a child and I'm enjoying the song.




No comments:

Post a Comment