What Comes Next

I finished reading My Name is Memory.  It's totally for people like me....those of us who fall for romantic stories like Twilight, and love the idea of reincarnation.   

It's a beautiful book, and from what I have gathered, it's the first book in a trilogy.  Cool. I love when I love a book, and it ends up being part of a series.

Anyway, so this book has gotten me to think about reincarnation. I have thought about my PAST lives many times, but now I'm thinking about my future life.

Do we get to choose?

If we do, this is what I want.

I want to be Australian. This could be by birth, or maybe I'd migrate.

I want to live in a small town near the beach, and own a used bookstore.  We'll also sell candy and ice-cream.  I'll have a car, but I'll rarely drive.  I'll spend most of my free time reading and walking on the beach. I will be good at drawing, so I can draw the things I see in my life and in my dreams.

One of my best friends will be a pelican.

I'll have inherited a lot of money from a wealthy ancestor so I won't have to worry about my store doing well. I can close it when I feel like playing in the ocean; and give books away for free, when I'm in the mood.  I'll give free ice-cream cones to struggling single mothers.

I won't be wealthy, but I'll be worry free (financially-speaking) and comfortable.

Most everyone I love in this life will be in that town, and I will reunite with the soulmates I have been missing in this life.  Okay, maybe not ALL of them will live in the town.  That's probably going overboard.   I guess some will live elsewhere and I'll keep up via whatever has replaced Facebook by then.  Some will live in Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, etc.  because I'll like visiting the big cities sometimes.

I won't ever travel overseas because my soul will know it's where it's supposed to be.  I'll be one of those people who rarely travels.   

I guess I'll need some adversity. Maybe I'll be attacked by a shark near the bookstore...back when I'm a child, and it's my parents that own the shop. I'll lose an arm, and get some kind of crazy nickname.  It will come from mean bullies, but I'll like the name, and keep it. Maybe we'll change the name of the bookstore to match my new nickname.  That would be cool.

Yeah.  I know.  That's not enough adversity. There will have to be more crap in my life. But I don't want to think about it. I'll have someone else pick it for me....like my spirit guides, or whatever.   They'll know what's best.  Probably.