Wow. I'm Happy With a Texan Politician. And He's Even Republican!

I've been reading more on this WikiLeaks thing. The more I read about it, the more I side with Julian Assange.

First of all, there's a petition regarding Assange that's signed by some Australians I like and admire: Peter Singer, Bob Brown, Julian Burnside and John Birmingham.  Not that I have to agree with everything these guys say, but having them behind the cause does further brainwash me a bit in favor of Assange.

And there are people I do NOT particularly admire that are on Assange's side.  I went to see what Lord Wiki had to say about WikiLeaks.  I guess those two are kind of distant cousins?  Anyway, he says that the Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul is defending Assange, even though this is not popular with his Republican peers.  Hell, even some Democrats are talking smack about Assange.

I was a bit surprised by the Ron Paul thing, so I went to get the information validated elsewhere.    The CBS news website agrees with Lord Wiki.   They both say that Ron Paul said, In a free society we're supposed to know the truth. In a society where truth becomes treason, then we're in big trouble. And now, people who are revealing the truth are getting into trouble for it.

Wow.  I think that's an awesome quote.   


What's happening to Assange.....it's scary.   


I find it disturbing that Amazon.com and Paypal are denying him service.  It's like a witch hunt.

You know what this reminds me of.....

Harry Potter!

Funny, because Jack and I are reading Order of the Phoenix now.  Last night we read the infuriating chapter where Umbridge accuses Potter of lying.  Was Potter lying?  No. He was absolutely honest. AND..... he was trying to save lives. But the Ministry of Magic tried to shut him up. They did this with detention, torture, smear campaigns, etc.   

If Assange is Harry Potter, then who is Voldomort?  And who'd be Ron and Hermione? How about Luna Lovegood?

Speaking of Harry Potter, the other day Jack and I were talking about who would have been the best romantic partner for Potter.  I realized then that Potter matched much better with men.   I don't think he fits well with Hermione, Ginny,  or Cho.  But he had GREAT chemistry with Dumbeldore, Sirius Black,  Lupin, and definitely....Snape. 

Harry Potter should be gay.  Definitely.