Happy Videos

I often get keywords on my Statcounter regarding America's love for Australia. Apparently, people are curious about why Americans love Australia so much.

I think the answer lies here in this video clip, starting at about 1:24. I think this is what we Americans imagine of Australia.  

And it's a good antidote to the kangaroo scene in Wake in Fright.  I bet the G'Day USA crew won't show THAT clip during their black tie affairs.   

As I write this post, I'm in a totally different year than Australians. How funny is that? We're still back in the bygone days. I'm five hours away from 2011.

We're going to do some major partying for New Years.

Just joking.

I'm already in my pajamas.  Tim's cooking calzones, and we're probably going to watch Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Jack and I finished the book about twenty minutes ago. I was sniffling but managed to not break down sobbing. The bit where Dumbeldore talks to Harry about being a prefect is what gets to me the most.  

Here is a video I made about our last days of 2010. We babysat my nieces. It was lovely—a great way to end the year.