I-Tunes

One of my favorite friends tagged me on Facebook to do one of those iTune divination things.  I love those!  I was too embarrassed to do it on Facebook, though, so I sent it privately to my friend.  I'm not a private person really. I just feel weird about posting on Facebook.  There's so many people on there. I don't know.....

I can't explain it really, without being rude.

Anyway, I prefer to write stuff here on my blog.

So, I'm going to play the game here.  But maybe I'll do an Australian version.  I'm going to think of some things, and then I'll fill it in with songs.   

For those who have never played, you have theme things, and then you have your iTunes (or similar program) randomly pick songs for you.

Here are my topics.    

1. Why I'm Obsessed with Australia

2. Finding Out My Cousin Is Moving to Australia (I might have been a little bit jealous)

3. Buying our First Plane Tickets to Australia

4. Our Time in Sydney 2007

5. Our Time in Port Stephens 2007

6. Coming Back To America

7. Seeing a Photograph of George W. Bush at the Airport

8.  My sister going to Australia (I was kind of jealous about that too)

9. Being Depressed About Not Being In Australia

10. Starting this Australia Blog

11. Going to Sydney 2009

12. Canberra 2009

13. South Coast 2009

14. Tasmania 2009

15. Our Next Trip to Australia (in general)

15. Our Next Trip to Australia

16. Our next time in Sydney

17. Visiting Melbourne

18. Back in Tasmania

19. My Love For Australia 


Now I'll fill in the answers.....

You guys will get to see my insane mix of music.   

1. Why I'm Obsessed with Australia
Santa Claus is Coming to TownI'm not sure how to interpret that.  


2. Finding Out My Cousin Is Moving to Australia  (I might have been a little bit jealous)
Too Lost In You....From Love Actually.   I'm not sure how to interpret that either.  

3. Buying our First Plane Tickets to Australia
The Work Song It did take some work to find fairly affordable tickets.   

4. Our Time in Sydney 2007
All Aboard A John Denver song   It's about trains.  I don't think we went on any trains while in Sydney.  


5. Our Time in Port Stephens 2007
Could We Start Again Please Oh!  This song fits. I was really upset about having to leave soon and would have liked to start the trip over again.  


6. Coming Back To America
All You Need Is Love  Maybe love is all I NEEDED, but I WANTED to stay in Australia.


7. Seeing a Photograph of George W. Bush at the Los Angeles Airport
Come Spirit.  Come Charm.  I don't know how to interpret that, but it sounds scary.     


8.  My sister going to Australia   (I was kind of jealous about that too)
Lost At Sea Yeah.  I was lost in a sea of jealousy.   Funny because I got so jealous and depressed, I stopped writing in Livejournal.  And I posted on my profile that I was lost at sea.  

9. Being Depressed About Not Being In Australia
One of Us from ABBA

I'm looking at the lyrics.  Some of it fits really well.

One of us is crying.  
One of us is lying.  In Her Lonely Bed. 
Staring at the Ceiling.    
Wishing she was somewhere else instead.  


Yep.   That was me!


10. Starting this Australia Blog
The Lion Sleeps Tonight.   I don't know how that fits, but it's a fun song.  Maybe THAT is it.  I have fun with my blog, like I have fun when I hear that song.    


11. Going to Sydney 2009
The Shush Song (From Jo Jo Circus)   I think it means we were too loud in Australia. We probably were manifesting the stereotype of the loud obnoxious American tourist.   


12. Canberra 2009
Getting To Know You (From the King and I)  I think it means we had the blessed opportunity to see the back of Kevin Rudd's head while we sat in Parliament.  

13. South Coast 2009
Theme from The Godfathers.   It's kind of a dance remix thing.   Not sure how to interpret that.  


14. Tasmania 2009
Great Spirits from Brother Bear.   I LOVE that song, and I think it fits perfectly. It's about being with loved ones.  And we were with loved ones in Tasmania.


Uh....but actually it is NOT "Great Spirits".   I guess I labeled the song wrong.  So, the song title is Great Spirits. The actual song I'm hearing is "Welcome" from Brother Bear.  

I used that song in the video I made for my sister's wedding.   I filmed it from the computer a few months ago, but YouTube was all picky about copyright stuff.  But now they did their thing, and the music is up!   No more weird silent video.  


Jack and I both just thought of something.  We're watching the video now, and the song before "Welcome" is that Hawaiian version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".   We went to Hawaii with our Tassie friends. Pretty cool.

15. Our Next Trip to Australia (in general)
 Something To Believe In  I like that!

16. Our next time in Sydney
An unlabeled Julie Andrews song, so I'll try again.....Just Be Me  Probably good advice.

17. Visiting Melbourne
The Spectrum Song.   I bet Melbourne will be very colorful and arty.    

18. Back in Tasmania
All I Want  Interesting   

19. My Love For Australia
Fantasmic  It's a Disney thing....I guess it's nice.    I don't know what it means.